May is one of my favorite months. The weather is nearly perfect!
So many simple joyful things to do,
- May 5th was “Cinco de Mayo”, I had lunch with a friend at a small Mexican restaurant in my neighborhood. We ate outside. So much fun! I made corn salsa to go along with the chicken quesadillas I made for my family for dinner. Yummy!
- “Mother’s Day” this year is May, 10th. We cannot forget our mothers, or those mothers in our lives who have difficult jobs raising children alone. Celebrate all those mothers who have given you love and understanding. Moms love homemade gifts, help your kids make special gifts for grandma!
- Go to garage sales, the weather is perfect and you might find a special item to recycle.
- Visit your local nursery, the flowers are amazing. An awesome place for photos.
- Go to the park often, pack a lunch, or just take a book and enjoy!
- Plan a trip to the zoo. It is really a better trip when the weather is not so hot. I still remember trips to the zoo when I was a child. It was on one of these trips that I experienced my first “Oreo” cookie. We would pack lunch and my aunt brought a bag.
- Open your windows! Let May inside!
- Rearrange your furniture so your desk or favorite chair is by a window, one you can open!
- Make a cup of coffee and go outside early in the morning, when everything is quiet.
- Take a morning walk, not the fast paced exercise kind, but a slow enjoyable one.
- Get out your sandals, or maybe go buy a new pair.
- Dust off your grill, make potato salad, hot dogs, and burgers.
- Plan for a “Memorial Day” gathering.
- Clean off your outside furniture, get your porch or your peaceful spot outside ready for this wonderful weather month.
- Treat yourself to a yummy shake or malt. If you have a “Steak and Shake” near your home, shakes are 1/2 price from 2 to 5, they call it “Happy Hour”.
Just get outside when you can, play, be happy, laugh, be grateful!
I love this photo of my niece playing with her dog “Denali”, blowing bubbles for him to catch.
None of us are too old to “play”.
Enjoy the “happies” in life!
Enjoy the month of May!