Mother’s Day is next Sunday, May 11th.
I found an old Country Home magazine from 2001. There was a small article on making Mother’s Day dinner special for your Mom with some simple touches. Below are ideas from the article and a couple of my favorites added. Although the article is 13 years old the ideas are ageless.
- Place Mom’s favorite flower in a small bottle or vase, a vintage one would be a really nice look. Tie a place card around it, and use it to mark her seat at the table. I used ribbon as you can see below, but raffia would also work. I love this sweet idea!
- Serve up a menu that reflects Mom’s favorites, or the family’s homemade specialties.
- Set a pretty table using Mom’s favorite colors for the dishes, tablecloth, or napkins.
- Before the meal, ask each sibling to write a memory of Mom on the back of a place card. Present them to her after the meal, or during dessert and coffee.
- Make copies of some old photos with Mom, at different ages in your life, your siblings, or grand children. The memories will be heart warming for her, and for you! Tie with a ribbon for a sweet, pretty touch.
Hope you can use some of these special touches for your Mother’s Day dinner.
Spend time with your Mother, make memories, hug her lots, because time passes so fast!
I miss my Mother and think of her often during my busy days!