Today is Mother’s Day and I want to wish all mothers a blessed day.
This is my beautiful Mom, now in heaven.
I love this photo of her on one of her last birthdays.
I decided to use this photo because I know that she is celebrating Mother’s Day, hopefully with a yummy piece of cake, with her mother today. How I miss my mother and grandmother.
Let me share my thoughts, regrets, and memories,
- Why didn’t I spend more time with you, I would give everything for one more day with you!
- I miss calling you and hearing you say “Hi Sweetie”, and closing every call with “I love you”.
- Why did I argue politics with you? So silly! The anxiety it brought to both of us was not worth a moment of our time together.
- Oh, why didn’t I appreciate the First Communion dress you made me by hand. So many tiny, perfect stitches made with love, but at the time I wanted one with all the lace and ruffles other little girls had. Forgive me.
- Miss our craft days together. You always helped me and supported me when I thought I could make a ton of money at the next craft fair. Those days always started with you making breakfast for us. I miss the smell of biscuits, gravy, bacon, and eggs, when you opened the door of your apartment.
- I remember coming home from school to a clean house and you standing ironing, whether for us or for others, to make a little extra money for us.
- If I close my eyes I can almost feel your hugs. How I wish you were here to give me one today!
Mother I have learned enough now
To know I have learned nearly nothing.
On this day
When mothers are being honored,
Let me thank you
That my selfishness, ignorance, and mockery
Did not bring you to
Discard me like a broken doll
Which had lost its favor.
I thank you that
You still find something in me
To cherish, to admire, and to love,
I thank you, Mother.
I love you.
Maya Angelou – A Cradle to Hold Me
Happy Mother’s Day, to my sweet, loving Mother, all she ever wanted was to be a Mother and Grandmother.
Love you “Sweetie”.