This recipe was featured on one of our local radio talk stations last Saturday. It was mentioned as a way of using leftover Easter ham.
I tried it and served with fresh fruit and some awesome muffins. It is quick, easy, simple to make, and so yummy! I made it for a light dinner, but It would be good to serve for brunch. Especially with Mother’s Day in two weeks.
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 cups cubed Ham
1 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups half and half
1/2 cup Bisquick mix
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Melt the butter in a skillet and saute the onion for 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the ham and parsley.
3. Spoon into a buttered 9 or 10 inch pie pan.
4. Sprinkle over the cheese.
5. In a blender, blend the eggs, half and half, Bisquick mix, salt and pepper until well-mixed.
6. Pour into the pan.
7. Bake in 375 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Let cool a few minutes and cut into wedges.
I am sure you could try with your own favorite veggies, like spinach or mushrooms!